Great-West Lifeco Inc. (Lifeco or the Company) has reported net earnings attributable to common shareholders of $671 million or $0.675 per common share for the three months ended June 30, 2016 compared to $659 million or $0.661 per common share for the same period in 2015. Net earnings attributable to common shareholders in the second quarter of 2016 increased $51 million or 8% as compared to the previous quarter.
Highlights – In Quarter
- Lifeco premiums and deposits in the second quarter of 2016 of $28.2 billion were up 28% from the same quarter in 2015.
- Lifeco sales in the second quarter of 2016 of $24.9 billion were up 1% compared to the same quarter in 2015.
- Lifeco maintained a strong ROE of 14.0%.
- Lifeco’s capital position remained very strong. The Great-West Life Assurance Company reported a Minimum Continuing Capital Surplus Requirements (MCCSR) ratio of 232% at June 30, 2016.
- Lifeco declared a quarterly common dividend of $0.3460 per common share payable September 30, 2016.